The first 48 hours after completing a professional teeth whitening treatment are crucial to maximizing the impact of the treatment on your smile.
You should avoid eating or drinking foods and beverages that stain, such as:
- Red wine, cola or other sodas, coffee, and tea
- Berries (cherries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Tobacco products
- Red sauces (mustard, ketchup, soy sauce, etc.)
We also recommend that you:
- Avoid staining habits
- Use an electric toothbrush
- Keep your regular dental appointments
- Practice good oral hygiene
- Use whitening trays to touch-up your teeth as needed
You will also experience some sensitivity for the first 24 hours after treatment. This sensitivity should subside after 24 hours.